We are on a mission to help your brand be at the top of the list with potential business partners. If you don’t look good, we don’t look good!
We want to offer you the knowledge and the tools to help your business not only grow, but stand out. We want to share time tested strategies, easy-to-use tools, and affordable products to help you get there.
HIP Media Kits wants to be a part of helping you achieve your growth and financial goals. We are confident our media kit templates will help project your brand to the next level of success.
One of two questions comes to mind for most people when they hear the words “media kit”. One, what is a media kit? Or two, do I need a media kit? We’ll answer the first question in a second.
But let me say this, if you have an online presence of any form or fashion, you need a media kit, period!
What Is a Media Kit?
A media kit is a snapshot of your brand or blog’s statistical information that sponsors and advertisers use to make decisions about which audience is worth their resources to get in front of. It can be a one page PDF or a multi page document offered to readers on your site.
They can usually be found under the headings of Advertising, PR, Work with Us, Media Page, or Media Kit. The types of offers one might get with a media kit are advertising campaigns, sponsorships, publishing deals, etc.
You may think media kits are only for large, high-profile blogs. You would be wrong! Any size blog/business on the internet today needs a media kit to show those that may be interested what you have to offer them and how they can benefit by working with you. Every single reader has a voice and buying power that larger companies want to influence.
Why Should You Use A Media Kit?
If you want to monetize your blog, grow a steady passive income, or quit your day job and become completely self employed, then you are going to have to have a media kit.
- It lets interested parties know you are serious about your online presence. They recognize they can trust your commitment to your readers. They know their efforts through you won’t be in vain. A simple media kit can be the start to mutually beneficial business partnerships of varying forms in today’s digital world.
- Having a media kit available to potential business partners also does the hard work for them. Most companies would have to look up all the information a media kit provides before they determine whether or not to work with you. You save them all the leg work. This could potentially put you at the top of the list advertisers want to partner with.
- You can also use your media kit to do target marketing for yourself. Find businesses in your niche that you can send marketing information to and sell yourself to them. Come up with an accompanying sales pitch message to go with your media kit. You could use this approach to get guest post opportunities, be included in any group giveaway promotions, to gain an online network of influence, and a host of other opportunities that will benefit the bottom line of your business.
- Plus, if you have a media kit and other similar sites don’t, then potential sponsors recognize the value of choosing you over someone else in your niche knowing their advertising dollars are a wise investment.
- The media kit can give your online presence an edge on the competition. It will help to create trust, credibility, and brand recognition within your online community.
- Media kits also help weed out the potential partners that aren’t a good fit before you waste your precious resources, like time, in vetting out each opportunity personally.
- Your media kit is helping you determine your brand image online. It’s working for you even when you can’t be there. It will deter those that need to look elsewhere for partnerships without wasting too much of your time back in forth in email, on phone calls, or through other types of messaging.
Remember, big or small bloggers and businesses benefit from using media kits. But more importantly, potential advertisers want to see how YOU can benefit them. It’s time to toot your own horn and show them what you have to offer!