Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned veteran eventually all bloggers want to at least cover blogging expenses from their hobby.
So at some point you are going to need to look into opportunities to monetize your blog.
Depending on the amount you want to make, how serious you want to get about your blogging, and how much time and effort you want to invest, there are numerous ways to earn a little green while you grow your audience and build your brand.
One of the quickest and most productive ways to monetize is using paid blogger networks.
For those of you who don’t know, paid blogger networks are groups of bloggers networking together and companies post paying blog opportunities for bloggers to apply to partner with them for those gigs.
Networks make it easy for you so you don’t have to invest the time scouring the internet trying to find companies to work with you.
Influencer Marketing Networks
- Global Influence
- Social Fabric
- SITS Girls
- Clever Girls Collective
- Mom Central
- Shop At Home
- The Motherhood
- Mami Innovative Media
- Be Blogalicious
- One-2-One Network
- Double Duty Divas
- Social Moms
- Mom Bloggers Club
- Mom Select
- Niche Parent Network
- Mom Spark Media
- Stiletto Media
- Ella Media
- Sway Group (by invitation only)
- Social Insiders
- Green Moms Meet
- Mom It Forward
- Tap Influence
- Mom Dot Media
- Mom Impact
- Bookie Boo
Some Things To Keep In Mind
If you go the route of using paid blogger networks, there are some things to keep in mind:
- Have a voice. Before you even start applying, make sure your blogging voice and mission is unique and stands out. What makes you different and your authenticity with your audience will help you more than low numbers will hinder you.
- Apply in a timely manner. Usually the first responders are the ones who get the opportunities.
- Don’t assume you aren’t a big enough blogger to apply for what seems like a dream opportunity. All audiences are important. Companies who harness the power of a blogger’s readers know that even a small audience has a huge voice and buying influence in the market today.
- To help increase your traffic that will in turn increase your chances of being chosen for some of the more competitive opportunities, be a part of joint giveaway promotions with other bloggers. You can also volunteer to guest post on a larger blog for some exposure to help grow your numbers in the meantime.
- You will need to add a disclosure statement to your blog and any posts that are sponsored posts from a paid blogger network. The Federal Trade Commission requires this.
- Make your links, no follow links. If you don’t, your SEO will be seriously messed up! Just, trust me on this.
Don’t be daunted if you get turned down, even multiple times. It’s normal. Expect it. Every no will get you closer to the person who will be your yes. If this were easy, everyone would be doing it. It takes work and perseverance to make it. In the end, do it because you love it even if you never make a dime. If that’s the attitude you keep then you will be just fine.
Trust in yourself and your abilities. Don’t compare your blogging journey and success to more seasoned blogging veterans.
It’s an unfair comparison.
Do what you know. Do it well. Be consistent.
Offer your readers something they aren’t getting anywhere else. Start small with paid networks. Take a chance. And hang on for the ride!
(This post was created together with April Lewis)